Wednesday 1 July 2009

Ice Age 3 Review


This is a computer animated film about Sid stealing some dinosaur eggs and then getting into trouble with the real mother of the eggs. Manny (a large male mammoth) has the voice of Ray Romano and his mammoth lover called Ellie whose voice is Queen Latifah are chasing after Sid after he gets taken, they soon discover the land of the dinosaurs. This film Is in both 3D and normal, I watched the normal version because of it being the only thing out in my cinema at the time, the problem I saw straight away with it being in both formats is that when you are watching the normal version you see a lot of things that are supposed to pop out at you in the 3D format, I feel that this lets it down because you are often faced with a large face on the screen appearing to come towards you and it just does not we see most of the characters from front on view which would add the effect of 3D.

My thoughts on the film is that it is certainly a family film but if you are an adult I don’t recommend you going to see it on your own or with friends, this is because most the humour in the film is a bit childish but not all, around me I could here laughter through most of the film but this was mainly from children. I have watched the first two films but not paid any attention to either of them but you don’t need to watch them because they are very different. There was a new lead character added called Buck whose voice is by Simon Pegg, Simon Pegg is very English and is very funny. Overall the film was ok not a favourite because it was a bit to childish but the animation was good and the film is an hour and 30 minutes so not to long.

No comments:

Post a Comment